Historic District Downtown Building Inventory
Post Office Building (Site ID 36)
(Non-Historic, Non-Contributing Building)
After the 1900 fire, C.H. Seeley constructed the Seeley Block to house a hardware store, drug store, and furniture businesses. The building housed successful businesses until December 8, 1959 when a fire destroyed the Seeley Block. In December, 1961, the new U.S. Post Office was completed on the site. The post office moved from its previous location across Main Street in the Chard Building. In the early 1980s, the post office moved to its present location at the comer of Eleventh and Main streets. The subject building is used as a service center for the USDA.
Description and much of the Cultural Data based on
research by Donovan & Associates
Washington's Birthday Message from February 1924, East Washingtonian
Come to the Picnic in Mayview!
This Web site has been financed by Castlemoyle Books and Gifts for the Pomeroy Historic Preservation Committee.
The Committee gratefully acknowledges donations of time, photographs, scans, and other
assistance from the Garfield County Museum and individual citizens of Pomeroy and Garfield County.
The Pomeroy Historic Preservation Committee
66 South 7th Street
Pomeroy WA 99347
Copyright © 2002-2021 John R. Gordon