Historic District Downtown Building Inventory
Moore Brothers Garage (Site ID 26)
Moore's Garage, built circa 1910, is a one-story brick building with a raised parapet decorated with a dog- tooth brick pattern.
At the time the District was nominated, an antique store occupied the building.
According to the 1896 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map, the site was vacant. By 1922, the 40'x60' structure housed Moore Brothers Garage (Clarence and Coiner), and by 1930, the garage added a 30' extension on the south side. The garage was known as Fred Weimar's Garage in the 1930s and 1940s. A display area was in the front of the building and a repair shop in the back.
Fisher's Auto Repair currently occupies the building.
Description and Cultural Data based on
research by Donovan & Associates
Washington's Birthday Message from February 1924, East Washingtonian
Come to the Picnic in Mayview!
This Web site has been financed by Castlemoyle Books and Gifts for the Pomeroy Historic Preservation Committee.
The Committee gratefully acknowledges donations of time, photographs, scans, and other
assistance from the Garfield County Museum and individual citizens of Pomeroy and Garfield County.
The Pomeroy Historic Preservation Committee
66 South 7th Street
Pomeroy WA 99347
Copyright © 2002-2021 John R. Gordon