Historic District Downtown Building Inventory
A Building of the Pomeroy Downtown Historic District (Site ID 22)
#22 Electric Service Station According to the assessment records, this lot was owned by L.W. Brown in 1916-17. The structure was most likely built circa 1919 by pioneer L.W. Brown as an investment to house the Electric Service Station. The 4 March 1919 edition of the East Washingtonian states that "L.W. Brown will build a new building on Main Street in the spring." By 1930, the subject building was used by the Woodmen of the World for a hall, and later the Forester's lodge. Other uses of the building include Bartlow's Second Hand Shop and Harvester Shop, a tackle shop, and the East Washingtonian offices.
Cultural Data based on
research by Donovan & Associates
Washington's Birthday Message from February 1924, East Washingtonian
Come to the Picnic in Mayview!
This Web site has been financed by Castlemoyle Books and Gifts for the Pomeroy Historic Preservation Committee.
The Committee gratefully acknowledges donations of time, photographs, scans, and other
assistance from the Garfield County Museum and individual citizens of Pomeroy and Garfield County.
The Pomeroy Historic Preservation Committee
66 South 7th Street
Pomeroy WA 99347
Copyright © 2002-2021 John R. Gordon